With a stay at The Modern Honolulu by Diamond Resorts, you'll be centrally located in Honolulu, a 7-minute walk from Duke Kahanamoku Beach and 15 minutes by foot from Ala Moana Center. This 4.5-star hotel is 1 mi (1.6 km) from Royal Hawaiian Center and 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from Waikiki Beach.
Grab a bite at The Grove, a poolside restaurant which features a bar/lounge and a pool view. Wrap up your day with a drink at the poolside bar. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily from 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM for a fee.
Make yourself at home in one of the 353 guestrooms featuring iPod docking stations and LCD televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and premium bedding. Complimentary wired Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Ala Wai Yacht Harbor - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Duke Kahanamoku Beach - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Hawaii Convention Center - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
Magic Island - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Fort DeRussy - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Ala Moana Beach Park - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
U.S. Army Museum of Hawai'i - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Ala Moana Center - 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
Waikiki Beach Walk - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Royal Hawaiian Center - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
International Market Place - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Waikiki Beach - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Duke Kahanamoku Statue - 2 km / 1.3 mi
Kuhio Beach Park - 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
Japanese Cultural Center of Hawai'i - 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
The nearest airports are:
Daniel K. Inouye Intl. Airport (HNL) - 13.6 km / 8.5 mi
Kapolei, HI (JRF-Kalaeloa) - 38.8 km / 24.1 mi
The preferred airport for The Modern Honolulu by Diamond Resorts is Daniel K. Inouye Intl. Airport (HNL).
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and a meeting room. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
Dip into one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools or enjoy other recreational amenities, which include a 24-hour fitness center. Additional amenities at this hotel include concierge services, gift shops/newsstands, and wedding services.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 45 for adults, USD 10 and USD 25 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 24.95 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 200 per accommodation, per stay
- Resort fee: USD 40.18 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Pool access
- Fitness center access
- Phone calls
- In-room coffee
- Concierge service
- Additional inclusions
- WiFi access (may be limited)
We have included all charges provided to us by the property.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; guests are provided with hand sanitizer; cashless payment methods are available for all transactions; masks are required in public areas.
- Contactless check-out is available.
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- This property affirms that it adheres to the cleaning and disinfection practices of Sanitary Protocol (UNPLV - France), SafeStay (AHLA - USA), and Safe Travels (WTTC - Global).
- This property welcomes guests of all sexual orientations and gender identities (LGBTQ friendly).
At Diamond Resorts, the safety of our members, owners, guests and team members is always our top priority. As the situation around the new coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we want to assure everyone that our teams are taking steps to make vacationing with us as safe as possible.We are closely following government instructions and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and local health officials.
Property is cleaned with disinfectant
Staff wears personal protective equipment
Shield between guests and staff in main contact areas
Guests are provided with free hand sanitizer
Social distancing measures are in place
Individually-wrapped food options are available
Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast
Individually-wrapped food options are available for lunch
Individually-wrapped food options are available for dinner
Staff temperature checks are conducted regularly
Bed sheets and towels are washed at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F
Commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant
Property confirms they are implementing guest safety measures
Contactless check-out is available
Property follows sanitization practices of Sanitary Protocol (UNPLV - France)
Property follows sanitization practices of SafeStay (AHLA - USA)
Property follows sanitization practices of Safe Travels (WTTC - Global)
Cashless transactions are available
Masks are compulsory at the property
Property follows regional sanitization guidelines COVID-19 Health & Safety Standards (Hawai'i - USA)
Property confirms they are implementing enhanced cleaning measures